You've heard about Italy-its mouth-watering cuisine, excellent wine, fabulous art, splendid beauty, ancient ruins, extraordinary statues, and remarkable architecture-and now it is your turn to experience it. On this Italy tour, get a taste of what the country has to offer and explore its most famous cities: Rome, Florence, and Venice. Have your camera ready as you discover the historical sights of Rome, including the Colosseum, the amphitheater used for deadly gladiatorial contests; St. Peter's Basilica and the Sistine Chapel, world-famous for Michelangelo's ceiling paintings. You'll see ancient buildings and ruins, and you'll be able to imagine what life was like thousands of years ago. Visit San Gimignano, the medieval hilltop town with its towers, and enjoy a Chianti wine tasting, followed by lunch. In Florence, known as one of the most beautiful cities in the world and often referred to as the art capital of Italy, enjoy an escorted walking tour that includes a visit to the Academy of Fine Arts to see Michelangelo's famous David; later spend time shopping for local Florentine goods. In Venice, you'll see the must-see sights, such as St. Mark's Square and Basilica. You'll also have time to explore the maze of streets and discover hidden treasures in their back alleys. To top it all off, enjoy a farewell drink at the famous Caffe Florian in St. Mark's Square and enjoy this prime people-watching spot. Throughout this Italy tour, Globus has arranged VIP access, so you'll skip the lines at the famous sights. This gives you more time to experience all there is to see and more time to taste Italy's sumptuous cuisine, shop for Italian goods, explore the stunning churches and museums, and participate in optional excursions. Just imagine the memories you'll create on this fabulous Italian vacation!
Call 1 (800) 658-0869 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14128142
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2018
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Welcome to Rome! At 5 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions, and leave the hotel for a welcome dinner at a local restaurant. (D)|
|Day 2||Rome||Guided sightseeing of the 'Eternal City' starts with a visit to the VATICAN MUSEUMS and SISTINE CHAPEL with Michelangelo's ceiling paintings and The Last Judgment, followed by a visit to monumental ST. PETER'S SQUARE and BASILICA to admire Michelangelo's Pieta. Then, enjoy views of other major sites as you drive to the Roman Forum to visit the ancient COLOSSEUM, where gladiators once fought. Afterward time at leisure; optional excursions are available. (B)|
|Day 3||Florence||A scenic drive along the Highway of the Sun offer views of towns like Orte and Orvieto, perched high atop a volcanic rock on your way to Tuscany and its hill-clad vineyards. Stop in San Gimignano, the medieval hilltop town with its tower houses for [LF] a Chianti WINE TASTING, followed by lunch. Time to wander through the historic center, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, before continuing to Florence, 'Cradle of the Renaissance.' (B,L)|
|Day 4||Florence||Meet your Local Guide, and visit the ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS with Michelangelo's celebrated David. Continue your walking tour through the historic center and stand in awe in front of the the magnificent cathedral, admire Giotto's Bell Tower, the Baptistry's heavy bronze 'Gates of Paradise,' sculpture-studded SIGNORIA SQUARE, and take pictures of Ponte Vecchio. Afterward, you may wish to shop for Florentine leather goods and gold jewelry, sold by the ounce. (B)|
|Day 5||Venice Island||A spectacular drive through the wooded Apennine Hills brings you to Venice, a powerful magnet for romantics and art lovers from around the globe. Enter in style by PRIVATE BOAT, then follow your Local Guide for a walking tour featuring ST. MARK'S SQUARE, a favorite location for many movies. See the byzantine BASILICA, lavish DOGES' PALACE and the famous BRIDGE OF SIGHS. Also watch a skilled GLASSBLOWER fashion delicate objects in an age-old tradition, and receive an exclusive gift, just for you! (B)|
|Day 6||Venice Island||Immerse yourself in the wonderful atmosphere of Venice. Wander through the narrow streets, discover Rialto Bridge, and top it all off with [LF] a farewell drink at the famous CAFFE FLORIAN while musicians entertain you. Later, why not join an optional cruise to the charming island of Burano, followed by a delicious meal of local specialties? (B)|
|Day 7||Venice Island||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $385, $460 (June 10)Triple room reduction per person: $70Extra nights per person in Rome:in single room $172-$237, in twin $112-$170, in triple $98-$153Extra nights per person in Venice:in single room $221-$230, in twin $190-$202, in triple $166-$171
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).