GLOBUS 2019: Northern Capitals (ZT)
10 days from Copenhagen to Helsinki
From the vibrant cities to the gorgeous scenery, this tour visits Northern Europe's fascinating capitals with two-night stays in Copenhagen, Oslo, Stockholm, and Helsinki. In each city, you'll experience guided sightseeing of the must-see sights, including Copenhagen's Little Mermaid statue and the Royal Reception Rooms at Christiansborg Palace, used by the Queen for official occasions; Oslo's City Hall, decorated with great Norwegian art from 1900 to 1950, and Frogner Park, where Gustav Vigeland created over 200 extraordinary bronze and granite statues; Stockholm's City Hall, where the Nobel Prize banquet is held each year; Helsinki's Lutheran Cathedral, completed in 1852, and the famous open-air market.A tour highlight is an overnight Baltic Sea cruise from Stockholm to Helsinki. You'll stay in first-class, outside, two-berth cabins with private facilities, and you'll enjoy a special Smorgasbord dinner on board. This is just one of the out-of-the-ordinary experiences Globus includes to make your vacation unique. Another special treat is a Swedish food experience, where you can sample local specialties at some of the stalls in Gothenburg's indoor food market.On this Northern Europe tour, you'll also experience some of Northern Europe's beautiful scenery. From Gothenburg to Norway, travel along the Skagerrak coastline with its many islands, granite rocks, and charming little fishing villages. Oslo is situated by a fjord and is surrounded by hills and forests. Take a ferry from Elsinore, Denmark to Helsingborg, Sweden, with great views of Hamlet's Kronborg Castle. Drive through Sweden's scenic Varmland, home to 10,000 lakes dotting the forested landscape, including Sweden's largest lake, Vanern.Stunning scenery, tasty local cuisine, a Baltic Sea cruise, and fascinating sightseeing? all of this and more await you on this fantastic tour through Northern Europe's capitals.
Call 1 (800) 658-0869 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14250296
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2019
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Copenhagen||Welcome to Copenhagen! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Copenhagen||Morning sightseeing with a Local Guide features the Church of Our Savior and the Stock Exchange on the way to Christiansborg Palace, where you visit the elegant ROYAL RECEPTION ROOMS. Drive past the National Museum and the Royal Theater, and stop for pictures of Amalienborg Palace with its lovely flower gardens, and of the wistful LITTLE MERMAID. Afternoon at leisure. Tonight, visit TIVOLI GARDENS (mid-April to mid-Sept.), the city's colorful amusement park. (B)|
|Day 3||Oslo||From Elsinore beneath Hamlet's Kronborg Castle, board your FERRY for Helsingborg. Then, drive to Gothenburg, Sweden's thriving second-largest city and admire its beautiful parks, botanical gardens, and well-kept canals during your orientation tour. Highlight is a visit to Gothenburg's famous indoor [LF] FOOD MARKET to taste local snacks at some of the stalls. In the afternoon, continue along the Skagerrak coastline to Norway. Evening arrival in Oslo. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Oslo||Today gives you a proper introduction to Oslo, the country's hub of trade and industry. Sightseeing with a Local Guide features the National Theater, considered the home for Ibsen's plays; the unique Storting building, seat of Parliament; and the Royal Palace, residence of Norwegian monarchs since 1849. Stroll through magnificent FROGNER PARK with Gustav Vigeland's extraordinary sculptures; and visit the CITY HALL, where the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony is held each year. Interesting optional excursions are available. (B)|
|Day 5||Stockholm||Trace the King's Road, an ancient trade link between the northern capitals connecting Oslo, Stockholm, Turku, Helsinki, and St. Petersburg. Cross the Swedish border to scenic Varmland, beautifully described in Selma Lagerlof's Gosta Berlings Saga, on the way to Karlstad on Lake Vanern. Pass the ancient garrison town of Orebro and modern Eskilstuna, known for its stainless steel, and proceed to Stockholm. (B)|
|Day 6||Stockholm||Stockholm is settled on 14 islands between Lake Malar and the Baltic Sea. Morning sightseeing with a Local Guide includes the Royal Palace; Riddarholm Church, a walk through the OLD TOWN, and the festive blue and gold chambers in the CITY HALL, where the annual Nobel Prize banquet is held. Later, choose from our optional excursions to make the most of your stay. (B)|
|Day 7||Overnight Cruise to Helsinki||Morning at leisure. Why not join an excursion to Uppsala? Later, board your ship for the overnight [LF] BALTIC SEA CRUISE to Finland, and enjoy a traditional Smorgasbord dinner. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Helsinki||Guided sightseeing of Helsinki features the City Hall and Parliament House, the Presidential Palace, the monumental railroad station, the great LUTHERAN CATHEDRAL, the Olympic Stadium, and the SIBELIUS MONUMENT. Time to browse for souvenirs in Helsinki's local arts and crafts OPEN-AIR MARKET. (B)|
|Day 9||Helsinki||A full day at leisure offers the opportunity to join an exciting optional excursion to Tallinn, capital of Estonia, known as one of the 'Pearls of the Baltic' countries. Tonight, dinner has been prepared at the hotel to celebrate the success of your tour of the Northern Capitals. (B,D)|
|Day 10||Helsinki||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $880Triple room reduction per person: $90Extra nights per person in Copenhagen:in single room $212, in twin $139, in triple $123Extra nights per person in Helsinki:in single room $170-$194, in twin $94-$106, in triple $80-$88
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).