This Canadian Rockies & Glacier National Park tour delivers the pristine wilderness of several national parks and the soaring beauty of the Rockies on both sides of the Canada/U.S. border. In Canada, travel to Waterton Lakes National Park, an UNESCO World Heritage Site with rugged mountains and beautiful water. Visit the historic mining town of Fort Steele; Kootenay National Park; and Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump, another UNESCO World Heritage Site with one of the world's oldest and best-preserved buffalo jumps. Also in Canada, stay two nights in both Banff and Jasper National Parks. In Banff, enjoy leisure time to explore on your own. As you head to Jasper National Park, stop for a memorable ride aboard an Ice Explorer at the 1,200-foot-thick Columbia Icefield. In Jasper National Park, journey to Maligne Lake, the largest glacially formed lake in the Canadian Rockies, and take a cruise to Spirit Island. Also visit gorgeous Lake Louise, another highlight of your vacation.In Montana, visit stunning Glacier National Park, where you'll enjoy a thrilling drive on the spectacular Going-to-the-Sun Road aboard a famous, vintage red 'Jammer" bus. The Going-to-the-Sun Road is one of North America's most spectacular drives. It crosses 6,664-foot-high Logan Pass and offers alpine scenery where jagged mountain peaks, deep green forests, pristine lakes, and meadows dominate the landscape. A breathtaking experience indeed! On this Canadian Rockies & Glacier National Park tour, Globus has also arranged special experiences for you. In Glacier National Park, enjoy a made-from-scratch piece of huckleberry pie or ice cream. Or how about entertainment by a local cowboy poet in Calgary? The region's Western heritage will come alive through the cowboy poet's stories and songs. From the stunning scenery to the fun experiences, this vacation is sure to delight!
Call 1 (800) 658-0869 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14250601
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2019
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Calgary||Welcome to Calgary! At 6 pm, meet your traveling companions for a welcome drink. Your Tour Director will prepare you for your upcoming adventure.|
|Day 2||Waterton Lakes National Park||Before departing Calgary, enjoy an orientation tour of the city's highlights. Travel south along the Macleod Trail. Just outside the town of Fort Macleod, visit HEAD-SMASHED-IN BUFFALO JUMP, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Then, on to scenic WATERTON LAKES NATIONAL PARK with a photo stop at Cameron Falls. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Whitefish||Enter Montana through Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and behold the awesome snowcapped peaks of GLACIER NATIONAL PARK. A highlight awaits you as you board the famous vintage red 'JAMMER BUSES' that will take you along one of North America's most spectacular highways: Going-to-the-Sun Road. After crossing 6,664-foot-high Logan Pass, enter a geographical wonderland of alpine scenery where jagged mountain peaks, pristine lakes, and meadows dominate the landscape. Before arriving at your resort, enjoy a made-from-scratch piece of [LF] HUCKLEBERRY PIE or ICE CREAM-a delicious treat to end your day. (B)|
|Day 4||Banff||Re-enter Canada today, with a stop in British Columbia before crossing into Alberta. Visit the restored town of FORT STEELE, where fortunes were made during the Kootenay Gold Rush. Next, drive through the steep red cliffs of Sinclair Canyon and KOOTENAY NATIONAL PARK before entering BANFF NATIONAL PARK, the heart of the Canadian Rockies. (B)|
|Day 5||Banff||This morning, sightseeing includes a stop at beautiful Bow Falls. The balance of the day is at leisure, or maybe join an optional helicopter flightseeing trip for unsurpassed views of the Rockies. (B)|
|Day 6||Jasper||Follow breathtaking Icefields Parkway today and head for JASPER NATIONAL PARK. Scale Bow Pass for splendid views of Peyto Lake. Then, climb to Sunwapta Pass to savor stunning vistas of alpine meadows, waterfalls, and glacier masses. Next is the highlight of the day: stop at the 750-foot-thick Columbia Icefield for a memorable ride aboard an ICE EXPLORER. There's time this afternoon for an optional float trip down the historic Athabasca River. (B)|
|Day 7||Jasper||The morning is at leisure. Optional activities include hiking, canoeing, and strolling the streets of Jasper. This afternoon, journey to Maligne Lake for a fully narrated CRUISE of the glacial lake and Spirit Island. Afterward, enjoy a [LF] lakeside dinner with incredible views and local fare including famous Alberta beef. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Calgary||This morning, visit Athabasca Falls and then retrace the route south along Icefields Parkway. One more highlight saved for the last day of your vacation: a visit to famous LAKE LOUISE. Continue to Calgary, where your Tour Director hosts a special farewell dinner. Over dessert, be entertained by a local [LF] COWBOY POET who will bring the region's Western heritage to life through stories and songs-a perfect ending to your vacation. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Calgary||The tour ends after breakfast this morning with guests departing on individual schedules. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Gratuities for Tour Director and driver are available for pre-purchase. Any applicable Goods and Service Tax (GST) and/or Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) for Canada are additional. Taxes will be calculated and listed at the time of booking, prior to payment being collected.Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy. Single Room Supplement:$880 to $1,110Triple Room Reduction per person: $195 to $260Extra Nights per person in Calgary:July: 5-14: in single room $317; in twin room $172; in triple room $127All dates (except July 5-14): in single room $168; in twin room $98; in triple room $77
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).