GLOBUS 2019: Peru Escape (K2)
7 days from Lima to Lima
Peru offers an amazing combination of history, natural beauty, mouth-watering cuisine, and warm people. And with Globus, add amazing value to that list!Discover the wonders of Peru on this week-long vacation featuring the must-see highlights of the Land of the Incas at a price that tells you now is the time! Your Lima sightseeing features the San Francisco Monastery along with the Plaza de Armas to see the Government Palace and the Cathedral. Fly to Cusco where you will be whisked into the Sacred Valley of the Incas where you will learn about the importance of the camelids in this area and see the ancient weaving techniques still in use today at Awanakancha. After time to explore the famous Indian market of Pisac, settle into your lush mountain-side hotel. Take the train through Urubamba Valley and spend a day at the impressive Machu Picchu ruins. Your tour of this ancient site reveals the many mysteries shrouded high in the clouds and rainforest. On your return to Cusco, your sightseeing tour includes visits to Sacsayhuaman, built in the early 12th century, and the Kenko Temple. These are just some of the many highlights you'll see on this wonderful Peru vacation designed for savvy, value-minded travelers. All this is now within reach!
Call 1 (800) 658-0869 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14357497
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2019
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Lima||Arrive in Lima where you will be met by your Tour Director.|
|Day 2||Sacred Valley||Fly to Cusco, the impressive Andean city that was once the capital of the Inca Empire. Head into the Sacred Valley of the Incas, stopping at AWANAKANCHA to meet local families who preserve the ancient technique of Pre-Columbian weaving using South American camelid fibers. Here is your chance to get up close to the various camelids indigenous to the region, including alpaca, llama, guanaco, and vicuna. Next, continue to PISAC, an old mountain village where you will have free time to shop for local wares such as alpaca sweaters and blankets, jewelry, or hand-painted ornamental dishes and vases. Enjoy lunch today at a local restaurant and stay overnight in the Sacred Valley. (B,L)|
|Day 3||Cusco||Transfer to the Ollanta station and board the Expedition TRAIN for a short journey through the lush Urubamba Valley to Aguas Calientes, the town at the base of the mountain where Machu Picchu is located. Then, transfer to a motorcoach for the ascent to legendary MACHU PICCHU, the 'Lost City of the Incas,' high above the steep valley overlaid with dense tropical jungle. Your Local Guide will bring you closer to the lives and mysteries still hidden in these amazing structures built by the Pre-Columbian masters of this sacred land. Later this afternoon, return by train to Cusco, the ancient capital of the Incas. Tonight, enjoy dinner at your hotel. (B,D)NOTE:7-8 hours is spend in Machu Picchu/Aguas Calientes region|
|Day 4||Cusco||Spend the day discovering some of the most famous ancient, Inca sites including semi-circular KENKO Temple with its stone altars and labyrinth of passages, the red fortress of Puca Pucara and the TEMPLE OF SACSAYHUAMAN, perched on a hillside overlooking Cusco. It remains unfathomable how and when this fortress of gigantic stones-with some blocks weighing more than 350 tons-was built. (B)|
|Day 5||Cusco||Enjoy a full day at leisure to explore the city of Cusco. Perhaps take an optional walking tour to learn more about the Incas and their struggle against invading Spaniards. Visits include the imposing Cathedral and the Inca Temple of the Sun, Koricancha, which became the Spaniards' Santo Domingo Monastery. Tonight, gather with your fellow travelers for a special farewell dinner hosted by your Tour Director. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Lima||Board your return flight to Lima. On arrival, your Local Guide focuses on the city's colonial heritage during a walking TOUR. Start at the Plaza de Armas to see the Government Palace and the Cathedral. From here, stroll to the venerable SAN FRANCISCO MONASTERY with its splendid 17th-century cloister murals and underground network of catacombs. The remainder of the day is at leisure. Tonight you may want to join our optional excursion to visit the Larco Museum with time to explore and have dinner at its restaurant. (B)|
|Day 7||Lima||Your tour ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Dates and Prices do not include air travel. Participation in this vacation requires purchase of the following flights from Globus, not included in the pricing: (1) roundtrip air from your U.S. gateway and intra-vacation air segments; or (2) intra-vacation air segments only, starting at $329. Required intra-vacation air segments: Lima/Cusco; Cusco/Lima. Air prices were effective on July 11, 2018, and their availability is limited. At the time you purchase your tour, air prices may be higher. Prices are per person in single, double or triple room occupancy.Single room supplement: $350 to $380Triple room reduction per person: $10All Escapes by Globus tours and departures are excluded from the following Globus discounts: Book Early & Save, Journeys Club discount, Second Tour discount and Small Group discount.Extra nights per person in Lima:in single room $129, in twin $70, in triple $68
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).