GLOBUS 2019/2020: Croatian Escape (KCZ)
9 days from Ljubljana to Zagreb
Discover a world of beauty, history, and rich tradition on your escorted tour of Croatia, Slovenia, and Bosnia-Herzegovina. On your 9-day guided tour of the beautiful Balkan region, you'll enjoy fewer crowds and more affordable prices during the off-season for travel. Your Croatian Escape includes visits in the beautiful landscapes of Slovenia and Bosnia-Herzegovina without the higher prices and crowded sites of the busy travel season. Begin your vacation in Slovenia to explore the sights of capital Ljubljana-with its medieval castle and historic town hall. Take a scenic drive along the stunning coast to Zadar, where you'll enjoy the magical sounds and lights of the Sea Organ and the Greeting to the Sun installations. You'll visit the dramatic setting of Dubrovnik, an ancient maritime republic poised above the Adriatic Sea. Explore the impressive ramparts of the walled city, see its Franciscan and Dominican monasteries, and visit the 15th-century Rector's Palace. You'll travel through the ruggedly beautiful Neretva Valley to 16th-century Mostar in Bosnia and Herzegovina on your way to Split, Croatia-ancient Spalato-to tour the Emperor Diocletian's Palace, the Mausoleum, the Cathedral of St. Domnius, and the incredible Temple of Jupiter. Another highlight is a special dinner at a local restaurant in Split. Your guided vacation in Croatia and the Balkans concludes in the capital city of Zagreb. With a guided tour of this extraordinary city, and a farewell dinner to celebrate your Croatian Escape, you'll enjoy it all without the crowds and the high prices of high-season travel!
Call 1 (800) 658-0869 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14357502
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2019
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Ljubljana||Welcome to Ljubljana! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Ljubljana||Guided sightseeing features the main sites like the medieval castle, St. Nicholas' Cathedral, and a visit to the TOWN HALL'S INNER COURTYARD. Balance of the day at leisure. An optional excursion is available for you to make the most out of your vacation. (B)|
|Day 3||Zadar||A scenic drive along the coast line will take you to Zadar, Slovenia. A guided walking tour to the main square gives you a good impression of this city with its turbulent history of fighting off the Venetians, crusaders and Turks over the centuries. Don't miss Nikola Basic's amazing Sea Organ and the Greeting to the Sun installations. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Dubrovnik||Dubrovnik. Beautifully situated on a promontory jutting into the Adriatic Sea, Dubrovnik was once an independent maritime republic rivaling Venice. (B)|
|Day 5||Dubrovnik||Enjoy a walking tour with your Local Guide to see the Franciscan and Dominican monasteries, and the impressive ramparts, erected during the Crusades to protect the town against land attacks. Also visit the 15th-century RECTOR'S PALACE, built in gothic style, harmoniously combined with renaissance and baroque elements. Balance of the day is at leisure. You may wish to join your Tour Director in an optional excursion to further explore this fascinating region. (B)|
|Day 6||Split||Enter Bosnia-Herzegovina and stop in Mostar, where your Guide will introduce you to the hidden beauties of this historic town, including the reconstructed 16th century bridge. Then, continue to Split, Croatia, the ancient Spalato. [LF] This evening, enjoy an included dinner at local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Split||This morning, follow your Local Guide for a walk through the labyrinth of medieval streets within the walls of Emperor DIOCLETIAN'S PALACE, a well-preserved fortress and a living part of the Old Town. Also see the Mausoleum, the Cathedral of St. Domnius, and the Temple of Jupiter with its impressive basement halls-a filming location for 'Game of Thrones.' In the afternoon why not take part on an optional excursion to one of the picturesque harbor towns along the coast? (B)|
|Day 8||SPLIT-ZAGREB||Today, a pleasant drive takes you to Zagreb, the capital of Croatia. Guided sightseeing features important landmarks of the Lower and medieval Upper Town, such as the Parliament, Stone Gate, the Archbishop's Palace, and the majestic cathedral. This evening, a farewell dinner awaits at your hotel to celebrate your Croatian tour. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Zagreb||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.The single supplement waiver and single room capacity is limited, please call for availability.All Escapes by Globus tours and departures are excluded from the following Globus discounts: Book Early & Save, Welcome Back Credit, Second Tour discount and Small Group discount.No triple room reduction.Extra nights per person in Ljubljana:January 1 to April 30 2019 in single room $104 in twin $61, in triple $61October 1 to December 31 2019 in single room $73, in twin $73, in triple $73Extra nights per person in Zagreb:January 1 to April 30 2019 in single room $123, in twin $79, in triple $79October 1 to December 31 2019 in single room $116, in twin $80, in triple $80
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).