GLOBUS 2019/2020: Egyptian Escape with Nile Cruise (KQF)
9 days from Cairo to Cairo
Call 1 (800) 658-0869 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14471796
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2019
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Cairo||Welcome to Cairo! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Cairo||Guided sightseeing in and around Africa's largest metropolis starts at the EGYPTIAN MUSEUM. See Tutankhamun's fabulous treasures, an exciting first encounter with the splendor of three millennia of Egyptian civilization. Next, depart for GIZA. Take a close-up look at the enigmatic SPHINX and the daunting Great Pyramids. Cheops, with an original height of 496 feet, is the most colossal pyramid ever built. (B)|
|Day 3||Luxor||Board your flight to Luxor, where you will embark your cruise ship to enjoy lunch. In the afternoon, guided sightseeing features visits to KARNAK TEMPLE and LUXOR TEMPLE. (B,L,D)|
|Day 4||Edfu||This morning, guided sightseeing focuses on the VALLEY OF KINGS & QUEENS on the West Bank of the Nile, where generations of pharaohs and nobles were buried in great splendor in crypts cut into the cliffs. Sixty-two royal tombs have been uncovered so far, of which only the tomb of Tutankhamun was nearly inviolated when discovered in 1922. Visit DEIR EL-BAHRI, Queen Hatshepsut's monumental rock temple, before returning to your ship where a Captain's welcome cocktail party awaits you. Sail to Edfu. (B,L,D)|
|Day 5||Aswan||In Edfu, visit the TEMPLE OF HORUS with its menacing black stone statue of the falcon god. Built in the time of Cleopatra about 2,000 years ago, it is recent by Egyptian standards and beautifully preserved. Have lunch on board and continue your leisurely cruise down Egypt's river of destiny. Dock at Kom Ombo for a short walk to visit its bluff-top TEMPLE dedicated to the crocodile and falcon gods. You can haggle for bargains in the local market. This evening, enjoy a Galabeya party on board. (B,L,D)|
|Day 6||Aswan||Marvel at the gigantic Aswan HIGH DAM, completed in 1970. Next, stop at the ancient GRANITE QUARRIES to see the famous unfinished obelisk and visit the PHILAE TEMPLE OF ISIS, transplanted from the submerged island of Philae. Highlight is [LF] a FELUCCA SAIL around Kitchener's Island and the Mausoleum of Aga Khan. A Nubian Folklore Show is the perfect way to celebrate your Nile Cruise. (B,L,D)|
|Day 7||Aswan||After disembarkation, enjoy some free time in Aswan. An optional excursion to stunning Abu Simbel is available. (B)|
|Day 8||Cairo||Board your flight to Cairo. This evening, a farewell dinner awaits at your hotel. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Cairo||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Dates & Prices do not include air travel. Participation in this vacation requires purchase of the following flights from Globus, not included in pricing: (1) roundtrip air from your U.S. gateway and intra-vacation air segments; or (2) intra-vacation air segments only, starting at $260. Required intra-vacation air segments are: Cairo/Luxor; Aswan/Cario. Air prices were effective on March 13, 2019 and their availability is limited. At the time you purchase your tour, air prices may be higher.Prices are per person in single, double, or triple room occupancy.The single supplement waiver and single room capacity is limited, please call for availability.All Escapes by Globus tours and departures are excluded from the following Globus discounts: Book Early & Save, Welcome Back Credit, Second Tour discount and Small Group discount. Extra nights per person in Cairo:in single room $202, in twin $123, in triple $123
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).