On this Escape, you can experience the best of France with the locals and not the tourist crowds-and during the low season so you won't pay high-season prices. From its vibrant cities and charming, smaller towns?to the beautiful countryside and sumptuous cuisine, France has it all! On this French Escape, you'll get a sample of everything France has to offer with overnights in Paris, Dijon, Avignon, and Nice. Highlights of this French tour include guided sightseeing of Paris with a Seine cruise to enjoy spectacular views of Notre Dame Cathedral and the Eiffel Tower. A visit to the remarkable Palace and Gardens of Versailles is sure to delight. The principal residence of the French kings from the time of Louis XIV to Louis XVI, it is nothing short of spectacular. Other tour highlights are a stop at Pont du Gard to admire the largest remaining Roman aqueduct in France; walking tours in Avignon, Aix-en-Provence, and Nice; and a special welcome dinner in Paris, as well as a special farewell dinner at a local restaurant in Eze to try some local specialties. These are just some of the many highlights included on this wonderful escorted tour of France. Don't miss this marvelous vacation offered at a price that screams, 'Let's go!'
Call 1 (800) 658-0869 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14471800
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2019
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Paris||Welcome to Paris! At 5:30 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions, and leave the hotel for a welcome dinner at one of Paris' lively restaurants. (D)|
|Day 2||Paris||Sightseeing with a Local Guide features the Arc de Triomphe, Opera, Madeleine, Louvre, Champs-Elysees, and more. During a SEINE CRUISE enjoy spectacular views of Notre Dame Cathedral and the Eiffel Tower. You may wish to join an optional excursion to the magnificent Louvre Museum with the Mona Lisa and an exciting evening excursion to make the most of your stay. (B)|
|Day 3||Dijon||This morning visit [LF] the impressive PALACE AND GARDENS OF VERSAILLES, built by the 'Sun King,' Louis XIV. Then, continue to Dijon, capital of Burgundy. Walk along the Rue des Forges and see the Ducal Palace, the renaissance Tower of Philip the Good, and look out for Dijon's symbolic owl, at the Church of Notre Dame. (B)|
|Day 4||Avignon||Stop at Pont du Gard and marvel at the largest remaining Roman aqueduct in France, a monumental feat of engineering completed in the year 19 BC. Continue to Avignon, a town on the Rhone River that in the 14th century became the residence of the popes. During your walking tour, take pictures of the magnificent Palace of the Popes and the famous bridge. Browse the colorful shops that sell traditional products made in Provence, like cloth, honey, herbs, and nougat candy. (B)|
|Day 5||Nice||Drive to Aix-en-Provence, one of France's most elegant cities. It was the birthplace of painter Cezanne, and has always attracted artists from around the world. Explore its center and wander through the maze of small streets and along Cours Mirabeau. You will also be treated to a [LF] cafe au lait with calissons (a traditional French confectionery). Arrive in Nice, 'Queen of the Riviera.' An exciting optional excursion to Monte Carlo is available. (B)|
|Day 6||Nice||Follow your Tour Director for a walk through the OLD TOWN of Nice, and enjoy some free time on your own. In the afternoon, visit the famous Fragonard perfume factory in Eze, before celebrating the success of your French Escape with a farewell dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Nice||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person in single, double or triple room occupancy. The single supplement waiver and single room capacity is limited, please call for availability.All Escapes by Globus tours and departures are excluded from the following Globus discounts: Book Early & Save, Welcome Back Credit, Second Tour discount and Small Group discount.Extra nights per person in Paris:January 1 to April 30 2019 in single room $157, in twin $88, in triple $111October 1 to December 31 2019 in single room $175, in twin $99, in triple $124Extra nights per person in Nice:January 1 to April 30 2019 in single room $104, in twin $61, in triple $56October 1 to December 31 2019 in single room $80, in twin $69, in triple $62
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).