GLOBUS 2019: Greek Island Hopper (RM)
10 days from Athens to Athens
Ancient ruins, stunning scenery, lots of sunshine, the Greek Islands, the crystal-clear Aegean Sea, and tasty cuisine?on this Greece tour, you'll experience all of this and more!History comes alive on your guided sightseeing tour in Athens: see the main sights of this fascinating city and visit the amazing Acropolis, dating back to the 5th century BC, and perched high on a rocky outcrop overlooking the city. But that's not all…you'll enjoy time on the Greek Islands with three nights each in Mykonos and Santorini, and travel by high-speed ferries and by air. Mykonos, Greece's most famous cosmopolitan island, has a beautiful seafront village, sandy beaches, iconic windmills, and whitewashed houses. Here, you'll visit the Church of Agia Kiriaki, renowned for its beautiful icons, and have plenty of time to relax on the beach, walk through the network of narrow streets, sample local specialties, and take optional excursions. In Santorini, still an active volcano, stroll along the cobblestone streets, enjoy sun-soaked beaches, taste the local wines, and enjoy the stunning views.Globus has also included some unique experiences to give you a true sense of Greek life. In Mykonos, taste a traditional Mykonian dessert, and in Santorini, taste traditional Ouzo, Greece's most popular drink.From the ancient monuments to the beautiful islands, this Greece tour is a once-in-a-lifetime vacation!
Call 1 (800) 658-0869 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14471911
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2019
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Athens||Welcome to Athens! At 6 pm, meet your Globus Host and traveling companions for a welcome drink.|
|Day 2||Athens||Sightseeing with a Local Guide features a visit to the world-famous ACROPOLIS, perched high on a rocky outcrop overlooking the city. Here, see the Parthenon, the Erechtheum with its Porch of Maidens, the Temple of Athena Nike, and enjoy a panoramic view that includes glimpses of the Temple of Olympian Zeus, Theater of Dionysus, and the beautifully preserved Theseum, where Socrates taught. Later, a city orientation tour features the Parliament House and a picture stop at the Panathenaic Stadium. Built in the 2nd century AD, it is the only stadium in the world built entirely of marble, and was host to the opening and closing ceremonies of the first modern Olympics in 1896. The rest of the day is at leisure. Tonight, why not try out local fare and entertainment reminiscent of Zorba the Greek? (B)|
|Day 3||Mykonos||Meet your Tour Director and head for the port of Piraeus or Rafina this morning. Around 7:30 am, sail into the deep-blue waters of the Aegean Sea. Later, dock at the mountainous island of Mykonos, where mythology's Heracles defeated and killed the giants. Here, characteristic windmills, swaying palm and eucalyptus trees, and dazzling white Cycladic architecture greet you. At a local restaurant this evening, sample local specialties, like louza loukaniko (sausage) and kopanisti (peppery goat cheese), then mingle with the locals at a quaint taverna or take a bus to the main square of Mando Mavrogenous. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Mykonos||The granite island of Mykonos is one of the most characteristic of the Cyclades and has retained its timeless beauty. Walk through the network of narrow streets and visit the CHURCH OF AGIA KIRIAKI, renowned for its beautiful icons, and also [LF] taste a traditional Mykonian dessert, Amygdalota. Stroll around the town's waterfront in search of Petros the Pelican, the island's celebrated mascot. Afternoon at leisure to relax or for individual activities. (B)|
|Day 5||Mykonos||A whole day to do just as you please. Relax in the sun on one of the beautiful golden sandy beaches or take a short boat ride to see the archaeological ruins on the nearby island of Delos, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Inhabited since the 3rd millennium BC, Delos was known in ancient times as a sacred sanctuary and, later, as the birthplace of the twin gods, Apollo and Artemis. (B)|
|Day 6||Santorini||Today, board a high-speed EXPRESS FERRY and sail to Santorini (Thera), the stunning 'Black Pearl of the Aegean' and, according to some, site of the legendary lost continent of Atlantis. Tonight, enjoy a traditional Greek meal. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Santorini||Spend the morning getting acquainted with the history and creation of Santorini. Stroll along the cobblestone streets and enjoy the local atmosphere. [LF] Taste traditional Ouzo. Later, maybe relax in one of the many cafes, or why not take an optional excursion to the cliff-top village of Oia for one of the world's most breathtaking panoramas? (B)|
|Day 8||Santorini||Colorful sun-soaked beaches, stunning views, and tastings at famous local wineries are yours for discovering in your free time today, or join an optional excursion. (B)|
|Day 9||Athens||Enjoy time at leisure before transferring to the airport for your flight to Athens. (B)|
|Day 10||Athens||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Dates & Prices do not include air travel. Participation in this vacation requires purchase of the following flights from Globus, not included in pricing: (1) roundtrip air from your U.S. gateway and intra-vacation air segments; or (2) intra-vacation air segments only, starting at $185. Required intra-vacation air segment: Santorini/Athens. Air prices were effective on September 12, 2018 and their availability is limited. At the time you purchase your tour, air prices may be higher.Prices per person based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $940, $1,148 (June 29-September 14)Triple room reduction per person: $100Extra nights per person in Athens:in single room $170, in twin $93, in triple $74
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).