A rich cultural heritage, fascinating history, and beautiful landscapes make Poland an interesting place to discover. On this Poland tour, you'll spend two nights in Warsaw and Gdansk, three nights in Krakow, and one night in Poznan. Along the way, learn about Poland's history and visit some of its historic cities with their charming old towns, and some UNESCO World Heritage Sites.Enjoy sightseeing with a Local Guide-an expert in the city's history, sights, culture, and secrets-in Warsaw, Gdansk, Torun, Poznan, and Krakow. Torun is the birthplace of renaissance astronomer Copernicus and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. In the Middle Ages, it was a prominent trade center as a member of the Hanseatic League. Dating back to the 7th century, Krakow is known as Poland's most beautiful city and cultural capital. Here, your sightseeing features the Market Square, one of Europe's loveliest squares, along with Wawel Hill. Gdansk is a beautiful port city on the Baltic Sea which played an important role in recent history by facilitating the events that brought to the fall of the Berlin wall.On this Poland tour, you'll visit Jasna Gora, the monastery near Czestochowa, an important pilgrimage spot. Its Black Madonna, a painting of the Virgin Mary, is a symbol of the country and venerated as the "Queen of Poland." You'll also visit what is left of the Auschwitz concentration camp, a chilling reminder of the Holocaust. Enjoy an included excursion to Zakopane, a mountain resort in the Tatras, a favourite holiday spot for locals and visitors. You'll have a chance to do a little hiking or to relax taking in the spectacular views.You'll arrive home from this value-minded tour through Poland with a new appreciation of Poland's history, culture, nature and wonderful cities- an enriching vacation!
Call 1 (800) 658-0869 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14721070
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2020
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Warsaw||Check into your hotel. Explore the Polish capital with the help of the CosmosGO app. In the early evening, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers.|
|Day 2||Gdansk||Today's included sightseeing tour with a Local Guide is an excellent introduction to Warsaw. Magnificently reconstructed after WWII, Warsaw is a rich tapestry of nearly every European architectural style, from gothic to neoclassical, with wide, modern avenues in striking contrast to the narrow lanes of the old section. Continue to Gdansk on the Baltic Sea, which was one of the most important Hanseatic cities in the 14th and 15th centuries. Today's Distance: 242 mi/ 390 km (B,D)|
|Day 3||Gdansk||Among the most important shipping ports in Northern Europe, Gdansk (formerly known by its German name, Danzig) is the birthplace of 'Solidarity,' the Polish trade union that revolutionized Polish modern politics. Sightseeing this morning with your Local Guide introduces you to the city's past and present. Later, spend some time exploring on your own, or join the optional excursion to the town of Malbork, founded in the 13th century by the Teutonic Knights. Visit its gothic Marienburg Castle, one of the most striking fortified castles in Europe and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Poznan||First stop today is medieval Torun on the Vistula River, birthplace of renaissance astronomer Copernicus and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Your Local Guide will introduce you to the many captivating highlights, including the starowka (Old Town) with the ruins of a 13th-century Teutonic Knights' castle, as well as many samples of gothic architecture. Head west to Poznan, one of the country's oldest cities and a part of Polish history for the past 1,000 years. This afternoon, discover the main attractions on your included city sightseeing with a Local Guide. Today's Distance: 255 mi/ 410 km (B,D)|
|Day 5||Krakow||First, to Jasna Gora near Czestochowa for a guided visit of the MONASTERY that withstood the repeated onslaughts of overwhelming Swedish forces during the religious wars of the 17th century. Since then, its Black Madonna has been venerated as the 'Queen of Poland' and has become the country's national symbol. Later, head to Krakow. Today's Distance: 317 mi/ 510 km (B,D)|
|Day 6||Krakow||Dating back to the 7th century, Krakow is revered by many as Poland's most beautiful city. It was the country's capital for over 500 years. On your included guided tour, see the Market Square, the Jewish Quarter, Wawel Hill, and visit the CATHEDRAL. Continue exploring on your own or book an optional visit to the spectacular Wieliczka Salt Mines, a subterranean maze of tunnels and chambers-some of them richly decorated. This evening, consider joining an optional traditional dinner. (B)|
|Day 7||Krakow||Get a breath of fresh mountain air today on the included excursion to Zakopane. Located in a picturesque valley at the base of the Tatra mountain range, Zakopane has developed into a beautiful, pristine resort. Typical of this area are the highlander wooden houses, cafes, restaurants, and shops on Krupowski Street. Enjoy a little hiking or browse around the small market for authentic souvenirs. Return to Krakow. Today's Distance: 137 mi/ 220 km (B,D)|
|Day 8||Warsaw||Encounter sobering history this morning on your visit to AUSCHWITZ CONCENTRATION CAMP, a chilling reminder of the Holocaust. In the afternoon, continue to Warsaw. Tonight's optional dinner is a great way to round out your fascinating adventure in Poland. Today's Distance: 239 mi/ 385 km (B)|
|Day 9||Warsaw||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $360No triple room reduction.Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Cosmos Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Cosmos offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Cosmos in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Cosmos has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).